The Vice President of Research and Development will be responsible for leading a team of engineers who will develop high quality innovative products while meeting project timelines. A key focus of the role is to provide strong technical product leadership coupled with equally effective project management skills. He/She will also be responsible for the oversight of the quality system, quality assurance and maintaining compliance with regulating bodies and internal/external audits.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees the preparation and final approval of project plans.
- Conducts or acquires cost analysis for development projects; prepares or delegates preparation of schedule of project completion dates.
- Ensures that projects are completed within budget and in an economical manner.
- Establishes and implements the strategic direction of the company’s engineering and development initiatives.
- Collaborates with the company’s executive leadership to develop and meet organizational goals while supplying expertise and guidance on projects, operations, and systems.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new technologies and systems to improve organizational processes and decision-making.
- Ensures that departmental decisions such as staffing, development, organization, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organizations business plan and vision.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements engineering and development policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent operations.
- Establishes and administers the department’s budget.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in engineering and development related to the organizations industry.
- Negotiates cost-effective contracts for the organization; coordinates and implements contractors work, and resolves any disputes over labor, scheduling, or payments.
- Ensure that the site is compliant with applicable quality and regulatory requirements.
- Support FDA and customer audits as well as oversee management of CAPA .
- Oversee 510Ks and other reports to regulating bodies.
- Ensure that each finished product disposition reflects company's commitment to integrity and quality,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required; MBA preferred.
- At least ten years of related experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering principles and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.