The Vice President Sales will lead the sales for Koru’s core business in the US specialty pharmacy channel and play a critical role in our growth strategy. This is a coach/player/collaborator position. You will lead a direct selling team while also contributing individually to advancing opportunities in the handful of key accounts that comprise the majority of sales. This person will report to the CEO and will be a member of the leadership team of the Company.
The VP of Sales must have a demonstrated ability to build, lead, develop, and motivate a successful high performing team in a fast-paced environment. The right candidate will need to have the capability to define strategy as well as be engaged in execution.
What you will do:
- Lead the commercial growth of Koru’s products into the specialty pharmacy channel.
- Expand and lead a sales team that optimizes reach and frequency to drive profitable growth. Structure and manage the team to optimize the impact of national accounts, field sales, virtual sales, and clinical support. Ensure that the investments in the team balance reach and frequency, delivery of value to customers, and Koru profitability.
- Structure territory structure, compensation plans, role definition, and team selling approaches to maximize revenue growth.
- Build and advance a sales funnel that meets revenue and profit objectives. Secure relationships with decision makers and decision influencers at national specialty pharmacies through proactive personal selling and collaboration with marketing.
- Maximize not only sales, but profit and long-term value. Own the P&L of each opportunity. Creatively structure deals to create win-wins for Koru and partners while maximizing total customer lifetime value.
- Create internal credibility by using CRM tools and data to understand and explain your process and pipeline—ultimately creating revenue predictability.
- Collaborate and influence team members across functions to meet and exceed customer needs.
What we are looking for:
- 10+ years of sales leadership and individual success as a sales professional
- Expertise leading a multi-role sales team that includes field, support, and virtual selling resources while coordinating with marketing lead generation.
- Personal experience winning complex sales processes as an individual contributor and leader.
- Progressively increasing responsibilities with evidence of driving consistent revenue and profit growth. Proven ability to deliver under tight timelines.
- Demonstrated track record of strategic selling through complex buying processes that include multiple stakeholders, ambiguous decision processes, and both time-bound and unclear decision timelines.
- Substantial experience selling consumable medical devices and selling to specialty pharmacies. Experience with infusion devices and razor/razor blade products is preferred. Detailed understanding of the dynamics of selling rare-disease biologics through specialty pharmacies—such as business impact of rare disease biologics to SPs, reimbursement landscape, and supply chain considerations—is highly desired.
- Track record launching novel products, launching line extensions, and growth without new products.
- Network of established relationships with key decision-makers at national specialty pharmacies.
- Substantial experience managing mainline and specialty distributors to achieve sales results while balancing direct-selling and distributor led sales processes.
- Unwavering focus on the customer.
- Strong track record of leading sales teams to increasing levels of performance. Ability to develop role profiles that meet the needs of a particular business, to attract and retain stars, to design compelling compensation plans, to motivate salespeople to overachievement, and to develop talent so that your teams are seen as a great place to have come from.
- Comfort navigating ambiguity and the self-awareness to know when to engage internal or external resources across a complex portfolio of expertise.
- Strong communications skills that align internal and external stakeholders. The ability to rally a team around a vision.
- Strategic, data-driven, and process-oriented thinking. Able to combine quantitative and qualitative insights about markets, customers, and funnels into achievable revenue predictions. Ability to succinctly communicate that pipeline to stakeholders to create confidence of future success.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Comfort and acumen using a wide range of technologies and learning new tools on the fly.
- A strong desire to be part of a small and growing company, valuing resourcefulness over resources, role-modelling a nimble and accountability-driven culture and making contributions that dramatically impact the future of the company.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore, employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
KORU Medical Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.