The Metrologist is responsible for the documentation, installation, calibration/verification/qualification, preventive maintenance, and repair of a wide variety of instruments used at KORU Medical Systems.
What you will do:
- Calibrates/verifies/qualifies and performs preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment.
- Manage instrumentation master listing.
- Inspects, evaluates, troubleshoots, and repairs laboratory equipment when problems arise.
- Documents, reviews, and audits calibration/maintenance/repair activities of laboratory equipment.
- Maintains calibration/maintenance schedules to keep the Calibration Program up to date.
- Completes all work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with cGMP and GLP requirements.
- Maintains and archives calibration/maintenance/service records.
- Performs installation, operation, and performance qualification (IQ/OQ/PQ) of laboratory instruments.
- Installs/re-installs, disassembles, cleans and makes necessary modifications to various instruments.
- Records and reports out-of-tolerance results and any other instrument-related issues to the manager and performs corrective and preventive actions as directed.
- Arranges and coordinates vendor services.
- Maintains inventory and research options on prices and availability of parts.
- Works closely with users and external groups to help operate and develop techniques that will meet the needs of the user community.
- Writes SOPs, protocols, and instrument validation plans.
- Aids in laboratory investigations due to instrument-related issues when needed.
- Explores ways that maximize efficiency at lower costs.
- Must participate and successfully complete all company training, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you need:
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from technical school
- Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Chemistry is preferred
- Calibration/Maintenance/Service certifications in lab equipment are required
- Extensive Calibration/Maintenance/Repair experience on various lab instruments required
- Must have good communication and technical writing skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to learn other software applications, as required
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore, employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
KORU Medical Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.