KORU Medical Systems is a leading developer and manufacturer of medical devices that help patients have the best possible experience subcutaneously infusing biologic medications at home. KORU’s primary line is the FREEDOM Syringe Infusion System, including the FREEDOM60® and FreedomEdge® Syringe Infusion Drivers, Precision Flow Rate Tubing™ and HIgH-Flo Subcutaneous Safety Needle Sets™. The Company maintains its corporate headquarters and manufacturing facility in Chester, New York. For more information about the Company, please visit www.korumedical.com.
As a Nurse Educator at KORU, you will experience a unique opportunity to employ your clinical nursing expertise in a new way outside patient care, while continuing to collaborate with healthcare professionals and advocate for the well-being of patients through medical device technology. You will be responsible for training and educating Registered Nurses and Physicians on our SubQ Infusion System primarily used in the home for delivery of subcutaneous immunoglobulins.
- Your primary focus will be in-servicing and education only, no sales responsibilities, and no bedside care.
- Develop and contribute to educational materials, clinical research, and patient research that leads to improving the patient infusion experience.
- A desire to expand your talents in clinical education.
What you will do:
- Provide peer-to-peer education and consultation to RN, Physician, and other healthcare staff in support of end-user education needs. Education will range from 1-1 consultations to in-services to educational presentations to large groups
- Assess customer needs and assist with resolving issues stemming from lack of medical device knowledge or product experience
- Develop and contribute to educational materials such as infusion training, patient troubleshooting, clinical guidance, etc.
- Follow-up with key accounts and customers to assess unmet education and clinical needs as it relates to successful medical device implementation.
- Build and advance relationships with nursing KOLs and nursing societies that lead to improved recommendations for better infusion care
- Provide customer feedback to corporate teams to improve new and existing medical devices
What you need:
- 2-5 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Allied Health Professional (CNA/PHB/LPN) in the field of subcutaneous immunoglobulin therapy
- High level of business acumen and professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with healthcare staff to include technicians, physicians, nurses, and any support personnel
- A drive to improve the lives of patients
- Willingness to be in the field, with travel up to 70% of your time, interacting directly with healthcare providers
You will have a flexible schedule, an opportunity to travel, grow and expand into new opportunities while learning the medical device industry.
What you will learn:
In addition to working with a company that strives to provide employee growth and opportunity, employees have the opportunity to:
- Develop strong leadership and educator skills and interact with peers in the healthcare setting without patient care responsibilities
- Be at the forefront of new innovative medical device technology
- Gain professional growth and exposure to medical device industry
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore, employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
KORU Medical Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.