KORU Medical Systems is a leading developer and manufacturer of medical devices that help patients have the best possible experience subcutaneously infusing biologic medications at home. KORU’s primary line is the FREEDOM Syringe Infusion System, including the FREEDOM60® and FreedomEdge® Syringe Infusion Drivers, Precision Flow Rate Tubing™ and HIgH-Flo Subcutaneous Safety Needle Sets™. Koru is expanding beyond its core franchise in Immunoglobulin therapy to partner with biopharma companies for the ~750 drugs being developed for subcutaneous infusion. The Company maintains its corporate headquarters and manufacturing facility in Mahwah, New Jersey. For more information about the Company, please visit www.korumedical.com.
As Director of Business Development, you will play a critical role in our aggressive growth strategy executing the commercial function for Koru’s biopharma channel.
What you will do
- Execute the commercial growth of Koru’s products into the pharmaceutical and biotech channel
- Contribute towards building and advancing a sales funnel that meets revenue and profit objectives
- Secure relationships with decision makers and decision influencers at qualified pharma and biotech companies through proactive personal selling and collaboration with marketing.
- Anticipate customer questions, uncover customer needs—both perceived needs and one’s customers don’t yet realize exist—and rally the team to build solutions that deliver on those needs.
- Advance and close opportunities using a strategic, consultative, and disciplined selling process.
- Deliver on promises to customers and create opportunities to expand business by ensuring Koru overdelivers on promises. This role does not need to lead service delivery—this will be done by medical, R&D, marketing, and operations. But, you will own the creation of customer value.
- Build and execute on a thoughtful pipeline and account plan that focuses your and the company’s resources on the most valuable opportunities.
- Maximize not only sales, but profit and long-term value. Own the P&L of each opportunity. Creatively structure deals to create win-wins for Koru and partners while maximizing total customer lifetime value.
- Create internal credibility by using CRM tools and data to understand and explain your process and pipeline—ultimately creating revenue predictability.
- Collaborate and influence team members across functions to meet and exceed customer needs.
What we are looking for
- 7-10+ years of winning complex sales and/or business development processes as an individual contributor and leader with progressively increasing responsibilities with evidence of driving consistent revenue and profit growth. Proven ability to deliver under tight timelines.
- Substantial experience working for a biopharma company executing on technology and licensing deals (technology or corporate development), for a manufacturer promoting drug delivery technologies to biopharma companies (e.g. autoinjector manufacturer), or for a firm selling complex clinical services to biopharma (e.g. CRO)
- Successful track record of having primary ownership of structuring and closing complex deals with and/or for biopharma companies
- Unwavering focus on the customer
- Demonstrated track record of strategic selling through complex buying processes that include multiple stakeholders, ambiguous decision processes, and both time-bound and unclear decision timelines.
- Network of established relationships with key decision-makers at biopharma companies, especially biotech
- Strong understanding of the drug development process, key risks, drivers of development success, and factors in the development stage that improve or hinder commercial success
- Medical device experience, especially managing OEM or similar relationships where device and service customization is common
- Ability to lead and manage teams without direct line reporting. Direct team leadership experience is preferred.
- Comfort navigating ambiguity and the self-awareness to know when to engage internal or external resources across a complex portfolio of expertise
- Strong communications skills that align internal and external stakeholders. The ability to rally a team around a vision.
- Strategic, data-driven, and process-oriented thinking. Able to combine quantitative and qualitative insights about markets, customers, and funnels into achievable revenue predictions. Ability to succinctly communicate that pipeline to stakeholders to create confidence of future success.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Comfort and acumen using a wide range of technologies and learning new tools on the fly
- A strong desire to be part of a small and growing company, valuing resourcefulness over resources, role-modelling a nimble and accountability-driven culture, and making contributions that dramatically impact the future of the company.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore, employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
KORU Medical Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.